Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Locale


The New Year (well, in the States anyway, the Chinese New Year doesn't begin until sometime around Valentine's Day) has now found me in China, the purpose of this mission -- to locate (and decipher) the ancient writings of one Qin Shan Hu, which are buried somewhere in some tomb in this town. There is a catch (isn't there always?) -- I have to hone my martial arts training in order to gain entrance to one of the secret tombs.
I admittedly didn't spend much time here before, but I think while I was in the midst of my quest for those relics (I have two of them, one remains) I had a hankering for the tranquility Shang Simla provides. I do think the martial arts training I will receive here will only aid my search for that final relic, which will probably be more arduous than any adventure I have undertaken thus far.

"We are very honored to have you here, Dr. Plumb," said the book merchant as we ate outside in the open-air market.
I have to admit, being referred to as "Dr. Plumb" sends chills up my spine. Really, it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment