Saturday, January 9, 2010

More Martial-Arts Training

Lee sent me on to the Martial Arts Academy to do more training, because the next step was to meditate for two hours at the Scholar's Garden, and I needed to be at least at level 5 to do so. But... my cellphone rang again.
It was Zhan. And he'd wanted to chat.


Ever since I'd met him, he'd called me more than once. I do not know where we go from here, but I do know we have become friends. I do suspect he 'let' me win that 2nd sparring match, though.



I got to the Academy, changed into my clothes, and began training with the boards. I started out with foam since they were easiest. Then you're supposed to work up to the harder material.


After more training I raised another level, and I got a red belt with a black suit. Spiffy, eh?


Training isn't easy, especially if I keep poking myself in the eye with these darned wooden spokes! Thankfully my contacts are pretty much everything-proof. I left my glasses in the room.


All in all, other than the martial-arts training, it's been a relaxing trip. The pace of life in Shang Simla is definitely slower than Egypt, which in my situation, with the final relic still somewhere in those pyramids and the things going on back home, is probably a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment