Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Third Relic: Relic of Eternity Part 7


The next morning I woke up and went right back to work. I sprayed myself with a Shower-in-a-Can, I ate a morsel of dried food, and I picked up my tent.




In this room was an entire cemetery, with grave markers of all sizes and dead overgrown grasses. Most of you reading this blog know that I've pretty much spent my life in these places. I wasn't exactly sure what I was supposed to do here, if I was supposed to look for something here, or if I was simply to stand and admire the tombstones.



So, I decided I would try to summon the spirits. It didn't take much, actually, to set off the waterworks; all I needed to do was think about Aunt Margaret and how I felt after she'd died. The tears started flowing from there.


I've known since I was a little girl that I've been able to speak to the spirits of the departed. Dad's reaction when I told him was, well, he didn't have one. Which was probably a good thing. I never actually told mom, but I think she knows, too, even though she's never actually confronted me about it. She has to know something, why else would I be spending my time in cemeteries?
At any rate, mourning the dead worked; there was a switch that opened because of it, which led to yet another door...
To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment