Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Satis-fied

I had to see Satis. Absolutely, positively, had to see Satis. I think at this point it was a matter of life and death for me, literally. I still haven't quite figured out why this is. Why am I, a lily-white Simerican girl from Sunset Valley, obsessed with this Egyptian child?
So I got a plane ticket, renewed my passport, and went to Egypt with the express purpose of seeing her. Oh, and there is the small matter of a relic somewhere in a pyramid. But I digress.


I arrived at Satis' doorstep at eight-thirty in the morning. I was fairly sure she was awake by now.



Sure enough, she answered the door and had this huge grin on her face when she saw me. I scooped her up and gave her a big hug. I squeezed her tight and didn't want to let go. I couldn't neglect her brother either, and Imsety got a hug from me as well.




She was telling me that she'd gone into the local mausoleum with Imsety the night before, and she was gossiping with the few Simlish words I taught her, and I went inside to read Satis and Imsety a book.



Afterwards, I took the children to the market and ordered them each a plate of falafel. We talked about school and about what could have possibly happened to their parents. "Our father is alive," Imsety said, "but he is very busy man."
Through my conversation with them and from others, I learned the identity of their father. He was Samir Amin, a book merchant at the market. He apparently doubled as a top-secret agent for MorcuCorp.


Later that day, I did something I thought I'd never do. I filed a formal adoption request for Satis and Imsety. It was something I had to do, and I don't care how long it takes. I couldn't deny my feelings any longer. I love them and want them to be with me. Always.
I knew that Samir Amin could put out a contract on my life. But I didn't care. To my mind they were in more danger being WITH him than being away from him. At this point Egypt is more 'home' for me than Sunset Valley is. I have friends here and maybe a family, too. Which is more than I can say for back home, actually. I love my father and my brothers, but I'm not sure I belong there anymore. My heart is here, in Egypt.

No comments:

Post a Comment