Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Third Relic: Relic of Eternity Part 9



I was in the tent when the phone rang. It was mom. I didn't even know my cellphone even worked in there. I'm at least three stories down in this tomb.
"Hey, mom. How's everything at home?" I asked.
"I'm not at home."
"What do you mean?"
"I'm here in Egypt with your father."
My mouth fell to the floor. "Wha -- what are you doing here?"
"We came to find out what this adoption business is all about."
"Adoption?"
"We heard you're trying to adopt two Egyptian children, and I have to say, of all the crazy schemes, Savannah, this has to be the craziest one of all. You can't deal with kids!"
"Mom, I don't care what you say. I love them, I want to be with them, and that's that."
"You know, Savannah, you can't just snap your fingers and say they're yours."
I replied with a sarcastic, "Why not?"
"Because that's not how the world works. And your lifestyle, you must admit, is not conducive to raising children. If you'd settle down, get married, and get established in a regular job, then you can think about starting a family. "
I decided I didn't want to hear anymore from her and hung up the phone. In fact, I turned my cellphone off in case she tried to call again. Besides, I had a relic to find.




After picking up my tent and eating a morsel, I unlocked the next door and walked into the next room. I knew I was getting closer, and the closer I got, the more my heart started to pound.



Once again I spotted a wall that looked different from the other part, so I felt around it to see if it was hollow. I knew that if it was hollow, it contained a hidden door which led to a hidden room.



Going behind the door revealed yet another rubble pile I had to chop through...



and underneath it was a keystone to a room.
To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment