Monday, January 11, 2010

Midday in the Garden of the Phoenix


I got to the outdoor garden of the Martial Arts academy early the next morning after spending most of the night reading the skill book. I was now at level four, and only needed to raise one more level before I could meditate at the Scholar's Garden. The meditation for two hours was my ticket into the tomb where Qin Shan Hu's writings were supposedly located.


Lee Yao was already deep into meditation, so deep that he was actually off the ground and his whole body was aglow in the spirit of peace. All I could think about was how I wanted to reach that level of clarity.



The garden was a bevy of activity, with students of varying skill levels practicing their techniques.


After getting to level four, my goal was to get to level five so that I could go to the Scholar's Garden to meditate for two hours, as was required to get into the tomb.



I was on my last day of the China visa (how time flies) and I finally got to the Scholar's Garden to meditate for two hours. Meditation is so relaxing, I actually think I'll try it at home, too.



After my meditation in the garden, I reported my results to Lee Yao. He told me I needed to go to the Ancient Monk Retreat on the other side of the Scholars' Garden. That had to be where the writings were located.



By the time I got to the tomb, unfortunately, my visa was very close to running out, so I didn't get a chance to fully get down to exploring it ... and ultimately finding the writings. But I'll be back to find them... after I locate the final relic in Egypt...
Until next time,
Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment