Monday, January 25, 2010

The Third Relic: Relic of Eternity Part 8



After leaving the indoor cemetery I walked back into the other room to fetch the keystone that had appeared.


I looked in here and saw two piles of ancient coins, a money bag, two ornately-decorated chairs, and a sarcophagus. Something told me there was a mummy in there, so I didn't bother to open it. My curiosity was telling me, "Savannah, go open the sarcophagus." But my better mind prevailed. I did grab the stuff though.

Just behind the sarcophagus, though, was what appeared to be a hollow wall, so I decided to check it out.



I headed back out, which activated the electric traps behind me, with the Key to the Death Chamber (I think that's what it's called, I don't remember the exact name).


I put the key in the hole...




...and I really couldn't believe my eyes. Not only were there two gorgeous ivory and gold sphinxes, but the whole floor was done in a neat skull pattern. I decided when I have my own house built I'll have a room just like it.




But belying the beauty, there was the danger. I had to sneak across electric traps just to retrieve yet another tombstone. After having enough electricity course through my body to power Sunset Valley for a year, I'm a little bit skittish of it.



After going through this place, I was getting very sleepy. I'd tossed and turned the night before and didn't really sleep all that well. I decided to eat a morsel and set up my tent, right on top of the skull.



And so concluded Day Three in the Tomb of Death. I'm still not dead yet.

Dreaming of golden relics and hugs from Satis and Imsety, Savannah

2 comments: