Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Third Relic: Relic of Eternity -- The Quest Begins (cont'd)




With the kids in Layla's hands, I finally felt the time was right to get to the pyramid and the Tomb of Death. I got there about an hour later. There wasn't much of an entrance so I had to feel around for a hollow spot.



Sure enough, the entry wall collapsed around me in a mass of stone and concrete, the force of which startled me.


When I stood at the entrance door, the skeletal remains of explorers who entered the pyramid and never returned greeted me, and the stench ran up my nose straight through to my spine. Would I join them in an early grave?



I exhaled deeply as I went inside. I ran right past the skeletons, trying my best not to even look at them as I approached the first entrance door.



What I saw shocked even me -- and I'm not easily surprised.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment