Friday, November 27, 2009

Day Two: Dragon's Maw (cont'd)



The contrast between the exterior and interior of this place could not be more stark.



I didn't see much in this place -- except I suddenly got recollections of Egypt and the mummy. Lee Yao texted me and said he wanted to hear of my encounter.


The trouble was tracking him down. He was incredibly difficult to catch. Since he's athletic, he was very speedy. First I tried the bike, and then I tried on foot.



It almost felt like catching Yao was a quest in and of itself. Finally though, I managed to surpass him on bike.



Finally we got to Yao's, where he was practicing his martial arts. "Why'd you call me and then make me chase you all the way through Shang Simla?"
"Because you are a fine adventurer -- and I find you attractive."
I was incredulous. "You think I'm attractive."
"A lotus flower such as yourself? Certainly." I could feel my cheeks getting hot.
"Seriously. But we must not mix pleasure with business, for there are serious dealings afoot."
"Hence, the reason I chased you down. You texted me while I was in the Maw and then I flashed back to my time in the pyramid with the mummy."
"You are destined to go through that tomb completely. But I cannot say much more than that."
He certainly couldn't say much more than that. For my visa was up and it was time for me to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment