Friday, November 20, 2009

Day Two: The Pyramids


Sanaa sent me on yet another mission -- this time to fetch 4 flame fruits from the Pyramid of the Burning Winds. I said, okay, I could do that.
My first mistake was getting there at a quarter to nine at night. I should have waited to tackle that the next day - but I only had a three-day visa and to tackle that pyramid on the last day was inviting disaster.



Before I went in, I decided to take a sip of water as my throat was parched.


I had to press against the door a certain way in order to get in.



When I walked in I was singularly impressed by the sheer opulence of the place. Just the one room I was in seemed a lot bigger than the Tomb of Discovery.

In the first room the only thing I saw was this huge pool of water, and all the doors were locked. So I decided to dive in the pool to see if there was a switch underneat to open the door. Plus the water was cool enough to refresh me after walking in the hot tomb.


After checking for any switches (and finding none) I was gasping for air, so I came back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment