Friday, November 20, 2009

Day Two: Meeting the Locals


I was so tired after adventuring that I'd crashed on the spot. Luckily, the tent in the tomb proved somewhat comfortable. It wasn't my bed at home, but it would have to do.
I woke up the next day, had a quick shower and decided to have a juice before setting off again, this time to deliver the gems to Sanaa.



"Savannah! You are back bright and early."
"Well, I was going to deliver the gems last night but I got back late and I was tired."
"No problem, thanks for them anyway." She gave me some more visa points, some ancient coins, and about five hundred simoleans, and then sent me on what amounted to a spy mission. "I need you to talk to the locals, and ask them about MorcuCorp, how they feel about the company."


I didn't have to go far to find my first victim, er, local. Her name was Zahra Diab, and after we exchanged recipes, we went into MorcuCorp. Unsurprisingly, she was not a fan of them. "They've come to take over," she complained.

Then, while I was picking up a photography book, I talked to the bookseller. He wasn't a fan of MorcuCorp either. According to him, supposedly they have some secret deal in place with the Landgraab family. This intrigued me, not only because they are my neighbors, but because I cannot imagine Caroline Landgraab involved in dealings as shady as those. I decided that I, Savannah Rachel Plumb, was determined to get to the bottom of this ever-deepening mystery.



Lastly, I spoke with Ahmed, the 'special merchant.' The 'special merchant' sells things and takes ancient coins instead of simoleans. He didn't look pleased at all. I tried to explain to him that I didn't speak Arabic, but he didn't seem to mind. He seemed to believe I was prying, which in a way I was. But I was doing what I like to call 'prying with a purpose.' He told me he wished MorcuCorp would stop digging all over the place.



With the information in hand, it was time for me to report back to Sanaa. "You are very impressive, young lady," she said. "You are a quick study."

No comments:

Post a Comment