Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day One: The Arrival


Egypt.
An arid land full of wonder and mystique. I arrived at ten-thirty in the morning. I didn't see anyone around, so I simply took in the sights.



I closed my eyes and opened them again to make sure I wasn't dreaming. When I realized I wasn't, that it was real, I came to and wondered what I had to do next.



When I turned around and realized I was actually in Egypt, my heart leapt. Then I saw a glistening bulletin board. Hmm, I thought. Maybe I'm supposed to check it.
So I walked up there and checked the main board. Turns out that MorcuCorp wanted to find three ancient relics here in Al Simhara.
My first task was to go speak to a Tahiya Shalut, who worked with MorcuCorp.



I set off on foot (those gym workouts are paying off big time now!) and on Aunt Margaret's bike to find Ms. Shalut.



As to be expected, Tahiya looked at me strangely at first. After all, I have to be the whitest white girl on the planet (thanks dad). Blond hair, green eyes, fair complexion. English and Welsh descent on both sides of my family, with a little Irish, French, and Native Simerican thrown in. If I had mom's complexion I'd blend in a little easier.
"Are you new here?" she asked in heavily accented Simlish. She'd told me she'd been taking some lessons here and there.
"Um, I suppose so."
Tahiya then sent me to a place called the Tomb of Discovery to find some papers she'd left there.


Oh boy, here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment