Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day One: The Tomb of Discovery


Before I began my first quest, I went over to Al Simhara Market and talked to the shopkeeper. I wanted to buy some supplies before I went into the tomb, namely a portable tent and something called a Shower-in-a-Can (I think the humans call it deodorant). I had some fruits from the garden with me in inventory, but I wanted some more of that dried food stuff just in case I got lost exploring.


When I saw the shopkeeper drinking water from a canteen, I decided I'd order one too, even though I had one with me. You never can be too prepared.


After leaving the market, I set off toward the Tomb of Discovery, which was near the Base Camp (where all tourists to Al Simhara go to stay while they're traveling).



When I got there, I noticed it had a barbed wire fence around it. I unlatched the fence and then went in through the wooden door behind it. My adventure would officially begin.



When I walked through the door, it was like I was walking through a window into the world's distant past. I was in awe. This building predated us by many thousands of simyears and yet it still stood, as strong and sturdy as ever.


Before I could turn the corner, there was a note near the entrance, in hieroglyphics of course. My experience in reading ancient scrolls is extremely limited, so I dismissed it, all the while filing it in the back of my mind.



I did a little walking and came to a dusty gray chest with some hieroglyphics engraved. Curious, I decided to open it. Inside, I found a marble key in the shape of a crescent moon. It was called a Crescent Keystone. The keystone glistened and glowed, beckoning me to pick it up.
I walked a little further and found a marble slab with a crescent-shaped keyhole. Hmm. Must be where this key goes.

So I walked up to the slab and fit the key to the hole, and voila! Another door opened and I could walk in.


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment