Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day Three: The Trapped Basement


After getting paid a sweet king's ransom for mapping the sights, another local asked me to disarm all the traps in his basement. Seems when he got his new house, he didn't realize it was built over an ancient tomb.
So I said, okay, disarming traps is a cinch, I did some in the last tomb I was in.



But first, before I went there, I went to pick up a beginner's photography book. Because I'm artistic (thanks mom) I was curious about the 'art' of taking pictures.



When I got there, the poor chap wasn't home, so I sneaked into his house through a back door and went right into his basement.


The first couple were fire traps, and they of course were a cinch. But I learned there were different kinds of traps...and some are only activated when you walk on them!


I made an attempt to cross this trap after I couldn't disarm it. This was an electric one, and thousands and thousands of bolts of white-hot lightning shot through my body.


After pressing a bevy of switches, I'd disarmed the last trap and sneaked, sight unseen (I hope) out of the basement and went to find the house's owner.


After the guy paid me for disarming his basement, I decided to try to lighten the mood by practicing snake-charming a song one of the locals taught me. I figured I'm fairly decent at the guitar, so snake-charming should be a snap. The guy came out and he was standing over me, and I didn't realize why he was standing over me -- except, when I looked down, I was snake-charming in my underwear!

Before long, though, the clock struck midnight on the third day... and it was time for me to go home. Before I left, though, I made a promise that I'd be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment