Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day One: Halls of the Lost Army


There was a locked door, an inscription on the wall in Mandarin, and a keyhole. Deng had given me the key to get into the tomb.





Once I got in there I had to move around some marble statues and chop up more debris. The place looked like it hadn't been touched in thousands of simyears.



In an inlaid wood chest I found coins that seemed to be many millenia old.

A wall switch led me to unlock a hidden door. I love this stuff, unlocking hidden doors and disarming traps meant to kill me. I get a thrill when I've uncovered one more piece to a puzzle.

In the next room there seemed to be nothing but this pool of water, which (of course) I decided to dive into. Thank goodness for my 800 simolean pair of custom-made waterproof prescription glasses. Unfortunately, like my mother, I am nearsighted. But I don't wear my specs all the time.

There was an underground tunnel so I swam through it and found yet another room.

This room had a chest with a key inside in the shape of a star. So I grabbed the key and put it in the marble hole and went inside.

This tomb, by most standards, was fairly straight-forward. While I was in there, drenched with water, I realized something. Most girls of my background don't become tomb raiders. Actually, most guys of my background don't become tomb raiders either. And yet, when I look back on it, I seem to have been born for this work. It's no different than when I was exploring the catacombs back in Sunset Valley. I'm doing what I love.

Having located the relic Deng was searching for, I headed out of the tomb and back to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment