Friday, December 25, 2009

The Second Relic: The Relic of Life Part 4



I walked into what appeared to be a hallway with an extra long corridor. Again, my mouth was agape at the exquisite care and craftsmanship that went into decorating and building this home for the deceased. The Egyptians believed in a vigorous afterlife. Nowadays, we just toss our deceased relatives in these dinky cemeteries with no provisions whatsoever and forget about 'em. It's sad, really.


At the end of the corridor there was a table with two chairs, each with a different design on the back of the seat. Hmm, was this the burial place of one of the pharaohs and his consort?



I walked through the door to the immediate left of the table and spotted a treasure chest surrounded by a pool of water and some water-lily pads.


Then I saw what looked like a half-wall with hieroglyphics. I thought it might be hollow, so I felt around for any evidence it concealed an entrance.


Just as I suspected, it was a hidden door. I walked through it.



I grabbed the ancient coins that were sitting on the stump and moved on. While I was there, though, I noticed it was starting to get dark in the tomb. A dark Egyptian tomb. My dream come true.


In fact, it was starting to remind me of the very first time I went into the catacombs beneath Sunset Valley's graveyard when I was a little girl. The rush that I got from it, I haven't quite been able to duplicate it. Until now.




I happened upon a chest that was -- EMPTY!!! Drat, that relic has to be in here somewhere. I'm gonna find it, if it's the last thing I do.





I disarmed an electric trap by standing on a floor-switch square. Hell, I've already had enough electricity in my body to power a metropolis. I actually think I may have developed something of a resistance to it.


I spotted a dive pool and no other entrances or exits so I decided to check it out.


After being down there for a few minutes and searching around, I found a switch. I heard something click but I wasn't sure where it was clicking.


Gasping for air, I came back to the surface, finding myself in yet another room. Apparently I'd swum through a secret tunnel.


After getting out of the pool I found a suspicious looking hole, so I decided to dig in.


Eww, bugs! Normally bugs don't bother me but the fact that I was wet, well... I brushed them away anyway. It was at this point I realized I was pretty much walking around in circles.

I was lost! And I wasn't sure how I was going to get out.


It became apparent that I would have to set up shop in here for the night, and I would try to find the Key to the Water Temple, which would hopefully lead me to the whereabouts of the Relic of Life.

I got myself into this mess. I was the one who was going to have to get myself out.

Dreaming dreams of gilded relics, Savannah

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment