Friday, December 25, 2009

The Second Relic: The Relic of Life Part 3


Through the grasses I spotted a door -- without a chain. There was no way this could be this straight-forward, I thought. Just no way. It can't be.



With every step I found myself gape-mouthed, with my eyes big as saucers, taking in everything I was seeing. It was like I was in a dream. Except this wasn't a dream. It was real. I was really walking through an Egyptian pyramid, the real kind, the kind I'd only seen in magazines and on my favorite Halls of History channel. A couple of times I had to pinch myself.


While I was looking around, I spotted a suspicious piece of ground, and then I saw a water fountain. The piece of ground was a different color from its surroundings. I decided to go ahead and check the spot of ground out. Sure enough, it was a fire trap.




I then decided that I would counteract the effects of the fire trap I'd need to cross by jumping into the water fountain. I was apprehensive about it at first, but once I allowed the stream of water to caress my skin, the experience was cleansing and cathartic.


Now that I was wet, I would attempt to cross the fire trap.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment