Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Second Relic: The Relic of Life Part 1


I ate some oven-fresh pancakes at the market. I knew it would be my last meal for awhile, especially since I was headed to the other side of the desert for the Tomb of the Desert Ocean.



I spoke with Fikry Ameen, the special merchant, wanting to know just exactly where the Tomb of the Desert Ocean was, and just how far out of the way it was. "I do not wish this adventure on anyone," Fikry said. "But I believe if anyone can handle it, it is you. Please, do be careful."




And so, I was off. There is something about kicking up dust behind me that gives me a cheap thrill.




But don't think I didn't stop and take in the breathtaking view. Me and the desert. Just the way I like it.




All told, on foot and on bike, the trip was about four hours.




Finally, I was here. The Tomb of the Desert Ocean. It was bigger than anything I'd seen previously. This relic was in here somewhere.

But first, I had to get in here. There was no entrance door so I felt for a hollow spot in the wall.

When the entrance door revealed itself, my search for the Relic of Life had begun in earnest.
To be continued...


2 comments:

  1. how did you get a blue scooter! mine are always red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, been trying to get through to you @ the boards. She bought her scooter in France, it was red, then I took it home and recolored it. :)

    ReplyDelete