Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Pit Stop on the Way to Greatness


Layla sent me off to Morcucorp's HQ. I expected this giant building rising from the ashes of Egypt's civilization. Instead I got an innocuous little hut where an actual family lived.



When I got there, I didn't see any adults, but two children were there, a boy and a girl. The young girl, called Satis, answered the door. She was a really chatty little thing.



Satis led me inside their house, even though she had never seen me before.



I quickly looked around in there and saw nothing in there that would belie a multi-national criminal enterprise. Then again, looks could be deceiving.
Satis, however, wanted to chat me up. I learned her favorite color (green) and her traits (clumsy, perfectionist, and bookworm). Since I realized she liked books, I asked her what her favorite ones were to read. She cited the usual suspects (Where's Bella, The Adventures of Raymundo, the Jimmy Sprocket series), but then she noted some Egyptian books too.
I realized I had Satis right where I wanted her.
"Wanna play tag?" she asked. I knew her Simlish wasn't very good, but to be fair, neither was her Arabic.
I shrugged my shoulders. Why not?



It reminded me of the times I used to run around our yard with dad when I was little.


"You're it!" Satis said, tapping me on the arm as she disappeared somewhere.


By the time I caught up with Satis, she was behind a second, smaller building that looked like the family's storage shed. I took my leave of her and decided to go exploring in there.



Their storage shed pretty much looked like any other. There were assorted barrels and bales of hay, and even the kids' bikes were kept here. Except...



There was a switch right by the bicycles. I had only seen switches like these inside of tombs and caves. That was my first clue that something was up.



Curious, I decided to try to find out what this switch unlocked when I heard a clicking noise.



The switch unlocked a staircase which led to a basement. Aha, I thought, this is where I need to go. Place the mummitomium in the chest in the computer room...

Of course, this was easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment