Sunday, December 20, 2009

M is for Mummitomium


The next morning I woke up with mummitomium (how many m's are in that word?) on the mind. Layla wanted me to find two pieces of the super-rare element with which to bribe a couple of Morcucorp guards. But first, I was ravenous so I found some bread and jam with which to stuff my face until I got to the market for some falafel, fried balls or patties made from spiced chickpeas and/or fava beans. It's a well known Egyptian and Middle Eastern fast-food dish, and during my trips here I've grown to like it.


So, right after eating, I set off on my scooter, searching for any sign of the super-rare material. I did find one of the two required pieces, on the other side of the desert (of course), but couldn't find another.



Meanwhile, I found the town's cemetery, with its own catacombs, so I decided to go in and 'unwind' for a bit. You may think it strange that I unwind by exploring catacombs, but it's true.



But not if you end up scalded by a zombie. I did, however, get a copy of the mystery novel Game of Thorns and a mysterious Sultan Sam Magic Gnome for my troubles. I returned to base camp and vowed to find the other piece of mummitomium the next day.



I slept in till eleven in the morning, which is late for me. Since it was a Saturday morning I decided to fix myself a chef's salad. Finding those materials in the desert was surprisingly easy, as there's a river delta that bisects Al Simhara, and it is there where the plants grow.



So I scooted down to the delta to see if I could find a piece of mummitomium to bring to Layla.

When I didn't find it there, I went further into the desert. After spotting the required second piece, I went back to the marketplace to find Layla.


"I got 'em."

"Excellent," she nodded. "I knew you would find them."

"What do I do with them now?"

"I need you to deliver these to MorcuCorp's HQ and put them in the chest in their main room."

MorcuCorp's HQ? This should be a piece of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment