Friday, April 9, 2010

A new friend?


"A secret door eh?" Yves asked me when I got back.
I nodded.
"Now we're getting somewhere. I'm guessing the strange noises are coming from behind that door. I'd like you to investigate that. But -- I would think it's getting late, so I'd go there in the morning."
"Will do."


He suddenly stopped me as I turned to leave. "You're Savannah Plumb, the famed relic hunter?"
"Oui, c'est moi." I smiled.
"I'm a big fan of your work in Egypt. Read your book about the encounter with the mummy and your search for those relics, couldn't put it down."


"Merci beaucoup!" I exclaimed. "I'm glad you enjoyed the book." I learned he was brave, a bookworm, a natural cook, and a virtuoso.
Sheesh, why are French guys so much more interesting than the ones back home? In part because he and I have two traits in common, he and I became fast friends. I find it much easier, generally, to befriend guys than girls.
"You know, those Egyptian relics are probably many thousands of simyears old and were left behind by the kings of Al-Simhara."

"What I want to do now is find out exactly how old they are, who created them, and why. That's the subject of the sequel I'm working on, the actual search for the relics."
I left the relic shop feeling pretty good about myself. The next day I was going back to the museum, and this time I was going to get to the bottom of that museum mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment