Thursday, April 8, 2010

Gustave Part Trois


I slept at Gustave's that night. Buuuuut, not in the same bed.
Instead, I lay my head down in his roommate's bed, in a very -- pink -- room. Jolene was out working late at the cafe, so Gustave gave me permission to sleep in her bed.


He woke up early the next morning. I know he was up because I heard his footsteps and I smelled the gourmet crepes he was cooking.
It was really sweet of him to put me up for the night. My tent had a huge tear in the canvas and it was far too late for me to walk back to base camp. I could seriously get used to this.



Gustave, poor dear, changed into his work clothes and left the house, with the waffles inside the oven!


So I got up and walked to the kitchen to finish cooking his waffles before I went back to base camp.



I have to admit, when I smelled the crepes, I was actually looking forward to a sunrise breakfast with him. But darn, he went to work as the special merchant so that didn't come to pass. Oh well, maybe next time.


Gustave may be great at romancing, but not as good at cooking. Oh well. It's the thought that counts, I guess. I finished his waffles and put them away in his fridge for him to eat later.

No comments:

Post a Comment