Sunday, April 18, 2010

Me and Mean Jolene


Before heading over to Gustave's, I went back to base camp and fixed myself a sushi dinner, amidst the prying eyes of the Chinese delegation. My affection for the seaweed dish has been well documented; I fell in love with it the first time mom learned the recipe and fixed it for me. I eventually learned to make it myself.



After eating I took a little jog through the town...

...and paid a visit to the cafe. Pssst, here I am, about to deal once again with Mean Jolene.

"What's the deal with you, huh?" I asked. "You gonna do this to any woman who crosses Gustave's path? Let me tell you something, he's a handsome guy, you'd better get used to this."

"No," she whispered, "not every girl, just spoiled vich Amedicans."

"You don't know anything about me!"

"I know enough to know that I do not like you."

"Thanks. I take that as a compliment." When I walked out, she followed me.

"What gives you the privilege to take over this town?" Jolene asked me. "You walk around here like you own the place."

"My parents taught me to believe in myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment