Friday, April 9, 2010

More questions than answers


After grabbing a bite to eat, I hopped on my Kenspa and went to the art museum. For some reason I had a hankering to go there -- but ironically, not to see the pieces. I wanted to do some research in the museum library.
I had a lot of unanswered questions -- especially about my grandma's family. There's no record of any parents, and even my dad doesn't have any idea. The problem in finding the records is that 'Jolina' is likely not the original family name. Given the linguistics, it's fairly likely it is an anglicized form of the original family name.
I know the name is of French origin because it comes from the word 'jolie' -- French for 'pretty.' I'm wondering if my grandmother, when she arrived in Sunset Valley, actually changed her name.


Jamie Jolina, of course, isn't the only relative I'm searching for information on. I'm still looking for anything on my maternal grandfather, Sir Edward Bellingham.

No comments:

Post a Comment