Thursday, December 16, 2010

Pangu’s Axe Part 1

 Screenshot-1395

So, I’ve arrived in Shang Simla, China, going after the elusive Pangu’s Axe, which is a mystical weapon I’m told could smash boulders. 

Screenshot-1396 

But first, I had to go all over town to get permission to seek the renowned weapon. 

Screenshot-1398

No sooner had I arrived in Shang Simla and the secluded Scholar’s Garden than I was chased by paparazzo.  And at my first news conference in Shang Simla, every single question – every damned question – was about my brother Sebastian’s rumored relationship with the pop superstar Lola Belle.  Not a single question about Pangu’s Axe.

It’s bad enough that the video of them dancing in some nightclub in Bridgeport went viral, posted and re-posted all over the internet, it’s even worse when what would be my crowning achievement as an explorer – finding this mystical weapon – is completely overshadowed by petty gossip about my kid brother’s love life. 

I answered every question about the rumors with a curt, “You’d have to ask him.”

I mean, he’s my kid brother and I love him to death, but I don’t understand why every question had to be about whether or not he was dating Lola.  I actually don’t care at the moment.  I don’t know her personally, but if she makes him happy, then I’m happy. 

Screenshot-1399

So, I took out my frustrations on the poor martial-arts board at the Garden.  I didn’t care that I was watched by the pap.   The Scholars’ Garden is supposed to be a place of respite.  I found none here today.

Later,

Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment