Monday, September 13, 2010

Back in the saddle (sort of) Part 2

Screenshot-720

A challenge in Al-Simhara required me to go inside a copper quarry and fetch something.  So I had to report to Madbouli and receive my ‘marching orders’ so to speak. 

 Screenshot-721 Screenshot-723

I spent most of the evening hunting for turquoise stones.  I’m an old pro at this stuff. 

Screenshot-722 

After I returned, Andy and I took seats at this old stone table in the Tomb of Discovery.  I wondered what life would have been like had we been a pharaoh and his consort.

Screenshot-724

At the end of a trying day, Andy and I fell fast asleep in the same tent.

Screenshot-725

The next morning, AJ beat all of us in waking up.  He ate himself a jam sandwich and was off to the races again. 

 Screenshot-730Screenshot-731

The next thing I knew, he was chasing Amelie around base camp and had wandered inside the Tomb of Discovery. 

Screenshot-734  Screenshot-733Screenshot-732

Andy found this little fishing hole in the middle of the desert.  Satis turned on the video camera and thus caught one of the embarrassing moments I’ve had since I started traveling.  Click on the last pic to see it! 

Needless to say this is why I didn’t follow my family into music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment